Google Rating
Based on 73 reviews

HM Revenue and Customs allow tax relief on professional expenses that we as Doctors have to pay in order to do our jobs. For example, if you pay £425 to the General Medical Council, every year you are entitled to tax relief on this amount (usually at 40% of the amount paid). So for example for £425 of GMC fees you would be due a refund of £170 per year (40% of £425). If you haven’t claimed before you can backdate the claim for the previous 4 tax years. (£680) If you also pay money to e.g. Royal College General Practitioners, MDU, British Medical Association or a host of other Royal Colleges and societies you could be owed thousands of pounds in overpaid tax. You may also be entitled to claim a tax rebate on examination expenses such as MRCP, MRCGP, MRCS, FRCA, etc.